Know Your Disease!
Highly recommended (most recommended first)
Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature
General Web Sites
When you are looking at a site you get from a Google search --
- Generally a .gov, .edu, or a .org is more reliable than a .com
- Check the date -- Is it current?
- Is it a reliable insitution?
- Are there ads on the site?
- Are there misspellings?
- Does the design look professional?
- Who is promoting/supporting/funding the site?
- If there is an author listed, does it look like the writer has expertise in the field?
Some good sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention --